How many programming languages are actually useful when it comes to develop an online website? If you have built a website of your own, you must know that it takes time to understand all of those languages. And you also wonder whether you really need to understand all of them or not. The following is the list of those web development languages that I think we will need to learn before we can create a better web site.
- HTML and XHTML – We will definitely need them if we want to create a website by ourselves.
- CSS – This plus the HTML is a ‘must learn’ if we want to design a web page by ourselves.
- PHP – You will definitely need this one if you want to become a web application developer for Facebook, Twitter and Bebo.
- MySQL – This is not quite a programming language and it is use to handle data types, often been used together with PHP for web application development.
Besides those five most important programming languages above, here are another three optional programming languages that you might need if you want to develop more sophisticated website, game and iPhone application:
- Java EE – The Java programming language for the next generation web site.
- J2ME – The Java programming language we need to learn before we learn the other mobile development languages.
- ActionScript – Programming language for flash game developer.