Having an appealing website is necessary for companies or business that just a debut in the competitive arena. An appealing website will boost up company’s name and enhance the brand awareness of your business. According to some internet marketing specialist, the quality of web design is the main focus of a successful website. A website with high quality web design will make visitors spend more time on the site, while a poor web design can do more harm than good.
That’s why it may be a good idea to look through the list of most frequent mistakes made by inexperienced web designers.
1. The first web design mistake is leaving the home page of your website poorly designed and full of irrelevant images and out of place content. As a lot of psychologist states, different kinds of visual elements play an important part in attracting attention of people. However, if chosen badly, they can contribute to a wrong first impression and, thus, poor reputation of your company.
2. According to plenty of web design experts, irrelevant content and images scream an unprofessional approach and lack of experience. Besides, they are not very advantageous for your Google ratings either.
3. It’s no good when the website is created not for the user, but for the search engine instead. Keep in mind that if your site is too complicated and difficult to navigate, you are likely to lose lots of potential customers in the blink of an eye. There are thousands of online companies out there, so nobody except you is going to notice the loss. Make sure you order web design from experienced professionals to avoid this mistake.
4. Too much advertising is not beneficial for your site. The customer doesn’t want to waste time when looking for certain information and products. Constantly blinking windows and all kinds of animated features make it quite difficult to browse your website.
5. The user doesn’t like multiple internal links popping out on their own. Closing unnecessary windows takes considerable time, especially if your loading speed leaves much to be desired.
6. Out-of-date links and details are no good. They make people believe that nobody updates the information at the site. The same concerns newsletters which are supposed to be fresh and engaging.
7. One more mistake is creating web design which isn’t harmonious with your business in general. It’s not a good idea to make the website of a serious credit check company feature loud-colored images and graphics. Stick to classic colors and keep graphics simple if you want the site to give an impression of a professional approach to everything.
8. Scrolling text is difficult to read for people with different reading rates. Most users prefer to read information at their own pace.
9. High resolution images are good for websites that specialize in photography. Expert web design doesn’t necessarily mean overloading all the pages with high-resolution images which take too long to load.
10. Finally, it’s worth mentioning that people don’t like when they have to download additional software to be able to browse the site. Such websites are not user-friendly taking into account that not all people have enough time, skills and downloading speed to do that.
As can be seen, there are multiple web design mistakes to be avoided if you want your site to be a success. The bottom line is turning to reliable specialists can help you set the stage for your online business.
Contact http://www.seekdotnet.com, talk about how you like your site will look like and get the best deal before you finally decide to go ahead with any of them.