When you browse different websites on internet, you might find some websites have animated banner on their page. This animated banner is widely known as flash banner. It is a common phenomenon on the internet, now. Flash banners usually contain advertisement content, images, moving graphic or at least top featured news or product of the website. It usually short, wide and contain active images that loops frequently. So, are you thinking to have flash banners on your own website now?
If you want so, creating flash banner requires certain HTML code. If you are not a programming geek, do not need to worry because now we will help you to create flash banner on your own website. You can add Flash banners (*.swf) with one of these HTML codes. Just copy and paste the HTML code to your HTML file and you are done.
1. The only thing you need to do is to change the banner address (bold letters) into the banner address where you stored it on internet. We assume that you already have the banner saved on internet. If you want to change the size of banner, you can change the values in red letters.
id=”name” width=”468″ height=”60″>
<param name=”movie” value=”http://www.yourdomain.com/flashfile.swf“>
<param name=”quality” value=”high”>
<param name=”wmode” value=”transparent”>
<embed name=”name” src=”http://www.yourdomain.com/flashfile.swf”
quality=”high” wmode=”transparent” width=”468″ height=”60″
2. Same rules apply for this HTML code.
<param name=”quality” value=”high” />
<param name=”bgcolor” value=”#ffffff” />
<embed src=”example.swf” quality=”high” bgcolor=”#ffffff”
name=”mymoviename” align=”” type=”application/x-shockwave-flash”
If you still can`t get about the banner that must stored somewhere on internet first, it means that before you insert flash banner into your own website or blog, you have to uploaded or stored it first on media files online. There are many free host media file to choose, like FileDen, MegaSWF and File Factory. Here is how to store the banner online.
- Sign up on one of those mentioned websites
- Upload your flash file and copy the URL given by the site after finish upload the file
- Paste following HTML code to new Notepad document
<object width=”200″ height=”20″ classid=”clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000″ codebase=”http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/ pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0″> <param name=”SRC” value=”MY_FLASH_FILE.swf”> <embed src=” MY_FLASH_FILE.swf ” width=”200″ height=”20″> </embed> </object>
- Replace “MY_FLASH_FILE.swf” with the URL of your flash file that you copied earlier.
- Change the width and height as you want
Look, it is not that hard to create flash banners for your website / blog, right? Hope these codes will help!
Build your website easily with 24/7 technical support from the best windows hosting services at SeekDotNet.com.