Community Server is a community and collaboration software product developed by Telligent Systems. It consists of the Telligent Evolution platform, with a variety of core applications running on top of it such as blogs, forums, media galleries, and wikis. Additional applications from third parties using the API’s and REST stack can be installed or integrated with the platform. Telligent Community is built with ASP.NET, C#, and Microsoft SQL Server.
Our hosting (seekdotnet) have supported the latest version 5.0 SP1 for community server hosting. The new product used to be named Community Server before being rebranded as part of 5.0 releases.
New features in community server:
- Forums system which can integrate with email discussion lists and news servers
- Publishing system that manages single and multi-user blogs
- Wikis with the ability to link a forum thread and a wiki page
- Media Galleries for publishing photos, videos, and other files
- Content mirroring (feed resyndication) to enable content syndication and republishing
- Integrated search across all applications
- Activity streams with user and group status messages and replies
- Widgets that can customized and dragged to different locations on the page
- Integrated tagging support throughout all applications
- User profiles with support for adding favorites, personal feeds, and conversations and comments
- Search engine-friendly permalink structure