Many bloggers prefer using WordPress as their platform, since it’s easy to use and have lots of features. From a simple bit of code, WordPress has grown into a full content management system (CMS). As a CMS, it is similar to Joomla in many ways. Integrating WordPress into your Joomla website increases the number of options you have for your blog posts. Doing so enables you to access all your WordPress blogs through Joomla.
When migrating your blog from WordPress to Joomla, you can save time setting up your new Joomla site by importing all of your current WordPress user account directly into Joomla. Although the default installation of Joomla does not currently offer the ability to import CSV files, you can install a Joomla component to carry out the task. The installed component will allow you to import the username, name, email address, password and any other information needed to create a new user account on your Joomla website.
Install the Component
- Log in to the Joomla administration page and enter your username and password. Click on the “Login” button.
- Click on the “Extensions” tab and select the “Install/Uninstall” option.
- Locate the “Install From URL” heading and type “http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/15558/67483/userport_r151_v2.1.zip” into the text box. Click on the “Install” button. An “Install Component Success” message will appear.
Use the Component
- Click on the “Components” tab and select “userport” from the menu.
- Click on the “Change” link at the top right.
- Select the option labeled “Use the Contents of This File” and click on the “Choose File” button.
- Locate and select your WordPress user CSV file and click the “Open” button.
- Click on the “Show Edit Window” link to the right. A message stating that the contents of the file were retrieved will appear on the screen.
- Delete any unused header fields in the “CSV Text” text box and click on the “Update” link at the top of the screen.
- Enter your email template in the text box using the tags provided by Joomla to notify your users of the change, and click on the “Update” button.