Don’t you hate it when some nasty malware appear on your screen without knowing when and why exactly you installed it? I do. In the last few days I see babylon malware every time I try to connect to the internet on my laptop. It didn’t interrupt the Firefox from working but I still didn’t like it. I’d rather have Google homepage showed up since I use it most of the time.
After failing in clean up my laptop with anti malware and anti virus programs, I found some simple steps that finally worked. If you are facing the same problem with babylon, maybe this post will work for you too.
This is the easiest method to clear up babylon from your laptop or PC. The steps are:
1. Click the Start button on the bottom left
2. On the Control Panel, choose the Programs (and Settings) and click the Uninstall a Program
3. Find the babylon program, right click and delete it
Sometimes a program still coming up even after you hit the Delete button. You don’t want this to happen, so to make sure babylon has gone, gone and gone there are things you have to do:
1. Click the Start button, then choose Computer button and double click on your C drive
2. Again double click the Program Files to check if babylon program is still there
3. If you can still see the malware, just right click and hit the Delete button
Those simple steps are working well in some people PC but maybe not in yours. I guess babylon creators are persistent people that they created a program that won’t give up so easily. But we should never give up either. Go to your registry and wipe it out by doing these
1. Bring up the Run program by clicking the Start button then hit the letter R on your keyboard
2. In the box, type in ‘regedit’ and hit Enter
3. After the Regedit Editor appeared, click on Edit and then the Find button
4. Type in babylon and click the Find Next
5. Once the babylon folder is located, right click and hit Delete
After you have completed these steps, close and re-open your Firefox to see if the malware is gone.
Did I tell you the malware is nasty and won’t give up easily? Even after finishing the steps on Method 2, it may still there and exists on your pc. If this happens, you can try to re-install your Firefox. This final method most likely will successfully clean up your pc or laptop and fix the problem with babylon. And you can continue browsing the world-wide web with Firefox.
I found one more technique to diminish babylon on your Firefox. Just open a new tab and type ‘about:config’ in the location bar then hit enter. Find all babylon files on the list, click twice on each of them, empty it and hit enter. Hope this works for you.