Silverlight 3 hosting Full supported by Visual Studio Hosting , highlights of new features and functionality of Silver light 3 include: major media enhancements, out of browser support allowing Web applications to work on the desktop; significant graphics improvements including 3D graphics support, GPU acceleration and H.264 video support; and many features to improve RIA development productivity. Also, in order to fully integrate all the .NET developer tools, Visual Studio 2010 will support a fully editable and interactive designer for Silver light. New features in Silver light 3 include:
Support for Higher Quality Video & Audio
With support for native H.264/Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) Audio, live and on-demand IIS7 Smooth Streaming, full HD (720p+) playback, and an extensible decoder pipeline, Silverlight 3 brings rich, full-screen, stutter-free media experiences to the desktop.
Empowering Richer Experiences
Silverlight 3 contains new 3D graphics, animation features, hardware accelerated effects and text improvements that enable designers and developers to create next generation Web visuals.
Improving Rich Internet Application Productivity
New features include:
- 60+ controls with source code : Silverlight 3 is packed with over 60 high-quality, fully skin able and customizable out-of-the-box controls such as charting and media, new layout containers such as dock and view box, and controls such as auto complete, tree view and data grid.
- Managed Resources – Resource Libraries Support for merging libraries across files enhances the ability to create reusable resources and maintain large applications
- Deep Linking. Silverlight 3 includes support for deep linking, which enables bookmarking a page within a RIA.
- Multi-page Application Visual Studio provides a framework for multi-page Silverlight Applications greatly simplifying inter-page communication and the creation of a uniform User Experience across pages
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Silverlight 3 enables users to solve the SEO-related challenges posed by RIAs. By utilizing business objects on the server, together with ASP.NET controls and site maps, users can automatically mirror database-driven RIA content into HTML that is easily indexed by the leading search engines. Seekdotnet also support SEO services for this Silverlight 3.