MVC is a framework methodology that divides an application’s implementation into three component roles: models, views, and controllers. A Model represents the state of a particular aspect of the application. Frequently, a model maps to a database table with the entries in the table representing the state of the table. A Controller handles interactions and updates the model to reflect a change in state of the application. A View extracts necessary information from a model and renders a user interface to display that.
Model View Controller (MVC) Hosting Compatibility Features
ASP.NET MVC hosting plans at SeekDotNet.com are compatible with Windows 2003 hosting with IIS 6 Hosting and Windows 2008 hosting with IIS 7 Hosting. It also be able to functions well on MS SQL 2000 hosting, MS SQL 2005 hosting and the latest MS SQL 2008 hosting. ASP.NET Ajax hosting and Silverlight Hosting compatible.
ASP.NET MVC Hosting Features
- Separation of Concerns, Testability, and TDD
- All core contracts within the MVC framework are interface based and easily mockable. unit test the application without having to run the Controllers within an ASP.NET process.
- Extensible and Pluggable
- Allow to plug-in your own view engine, routing policy, parameter serialization. It also support existing dependency injection and IOC container models.
- Powerful URL Mapping Component Integrated
- URLs do not need to have extensions within them, and are designed to easily support SEO and REST-friendly naming patterns.
- supports using the existing ASP.NET .ASPX, .ASCX
- Allow users easily use existing ASP.NET features like nested master pages, declarative server controls, templates, data-binding and many more.