What is ASP.NET? ASP.NET means Active Server Pages. NET and was developed by Microsoft. ASP.NET is used to create Web pages and Web-based technologies and beyond the scope of vision of Microsoft’s. NET. As a member of the board. NET, ASP.NET is a very valuable tool for programmers and developers because it allows them to create dynamic Web sites and rich Web applications using compiled languages like C # and Visual Basic.
In the early days of the Web, that is, before the release of Internet Information Services (IIS) in 1997, the contents of Web pages were largely static. These web pages must be permanent, but changed manually. There is an urgent need to create sites that are dynamic and are updated automatically.
Microsoft’s Active Server Pages (ASP) was delivered to the market to meet this need. ASP runs on the server side, with its output sent to the user’s web browser, which enables the server to generate dynamic Web pages based on user actions.
These server technology is an important contribution to the development of the network. Amazon.com, eBay.com, and many other popular sites use ASP.NET as the basis for your site, would not be possible without ASP.NET.
12 ASP.NET provides important advantages compared with other models of web application development:
1. ASP.NET dramatically reduces the amount of code needed to build large applications.
2. With built-in Windows authentication and application settings, and applications safe and secure.
3. It provides higher performance by using early binding, just-in-time compilation, native optimization, and caching services right out of the box.
4. ASP.NET framework is complemented by a rich and designer tools in Visual Studio integrated development environment. WYSIWYG-editing, drag and drop controls, firewall and automatic deployment are just some of the features of this powerful tool provides.
5. ASP.NET provides a simple and easy to perform common tasks, from simple form submission and client authentication configuration and deployment site.
6. The source code and HTML together, so that ASP.NET pages are easy to maintain and write. In addition, the source code is executed on the server. It provides greater power and flexibility to Web pages.
7. All processes are carefully controlled and managed by ASP.NET, so that if the process is dead, the new process can be created in its place, which helps to keep your application constantly available to handle requests.
8. This is purely server-side technologies, so that the ASP.NET code runs on the server before being sent to the browser.
9. Be independent of the language, it allows you to select the language that best applies to your application or partition applications in many languages.
10. ASP.NET makes for easy deployment. No need to register components because the configuration information is embedded.
11. The Web server continuously monitors the pages, components and applications running on it. If he notices any memory leaks, infinite loops, other illegal activities, which immediately destroys the activity and restarts.
12. It is easy to work with ADO.NET using data binding and formatting of the page. This is an application that works faster and counters large volumes of users without performance problems
In short ASP.NET, the next generation version of Microsoft’s ASP, is a programming framework used to generate enterprise-class sites, web applications, and technologies. ASP.NET developed applications are available on a worldwide basis leading to efficient knowledge management. Whether you are building a small business web-site or a huge corporate web application distributed across multiple networks, ASP.NET will provide you all the features you could possibly require and at an affordable cost: FREE!