What is Weblog Software?
Weblog software (also called blog software or blogware) is a category of software which consists of a specialized form of Content Management Systems specifically designed for designing, creating and maintaining weblogs.
Benefits Of Using Weblog Software
Maintenance through the Internet is a nearly universal feature of weblog software. This is usually done through a browser-based interface, enabling authors to create and update content on the site. Most software supports the use of external client software to update content using common APIs such as the MetaWeblog API and the Atom Publishing Protocol.
Some Of Weblog Software Features
* Title, the main title, or headline, of the post.
* Body, main content of the post.
* Permalink, the URL of the full, individual article.
* Post Date, date and time the post was published.
A blog entry optionally includes the following:
Comments are a way to provide discussion on blog entries. Readers can leave a comment on a post, which can correct errors or contain their opinion on the post or the post’s subject. Services like Comment aim to ease discussion through comments, by allowing tracking of them.
* Categories (or tags) – subjects that the entry discusses
* Trackback and or pingback – links to other sites that refer to the entry
Weblog Softwares Examples
User hosted blogs
Software packages installed by weblog authors to run on their own servers.
Free Multi-user Blogs
Software packages installed by weblog authors or domain name owners to run on their own systems available to use by the general public: Developer:
* WordPresssupports multi users blogging platform.
Other Blogging Softwares:
* B2evolution – b2evolution is a multi-lingual, multi-user, multi-blog publishing system written in PHP and backed by a MySQL database.
* Blogengine – BlogEngine.NET is an open source .NET blogging project that was born out of desire for a better blog platform. A blog platform with less complexity, easy customization, and one that takes advantage of the latest .NET features.
* Nucleus CMS
– Nucleus CMS is an open-source blog management software package written in PHP, with a MySQL backend, primarily written and maintained by Wouter Demuynck
For more information about hosting and managing your own blog, log on to professional ASP.NET web hosting service provider – SeekDotNet.com at http://www.seekdotnet.com to all the blogging softwares mentioned above within few clicks of easy installations!